Basecamp is a web-based project management application that enables businesses, freelancers, companies, and corporations to manage projects and combine customer service.
37signals, a web design company, was co-founded by Jason Fried, Ernest Kim, and Carlos Segura in 1999. Jason Fried is the only remaining founder still working with the company. Since 2003, the company began shifting their focus from web design to web applications, and in 2014, 37signals was renamed Basecamp.
The software application was first launched in 2004 using Ruby on Rails, created by the 37signals programmer, David Heinemeier Hansson, and in 2012 the new Basecamp software was launched. The company is based in Chicago, Illinois and creates other applications including Backpack, Campfire, and Highrise, and provides services, and tools such as The Job Board & Gig Board, Sortfolio, Know Your Company, and We Work Remotely. There are two free web applications available, Ta-Da List, and Writeboard. Basecamp retained their website blog, Signal vs Noise, which was launched in 1999.
Basecamp 3 is the latest version of the product. Akita also integrates with the older versions of Basecamp.
Basecamp features include:
- Project management
- Contact management
- Task management
- Accounting and billing
The software has other features that include calendar, activities, and mobile. The company provides applications, and third-party applications that integrate with Basecamp for mobile, and desktop, time tracking, invoicing, and accounting, reporting, charts, planning, file backup, and synchronization, software development, marketing, design, and asset management, customer service, and support, contracts, and proposals.
Basecamp offers subscription plans on a monthly, and annual basis, depending on the number of active projects, and data storage required, starting from $20. The company also offers a free 60-day trial to help businesses evaluate the product.
Information We Request
When you connect Basecamp 3 with Akita, we automatically collect information on the following:
|Organization||Every 12 hours|
|Person||Every 12 hours|
|User||Every 12 hours|
|Project||Every 12 hours|
How to Connect Basecamp 3 and Akita
- Head to the Integrations section in Akita. You'll find it under Settings (the cog icon ) in the left menu bar.
- Click the Connect Provider button.
- Select Basecamp 3 from the list of available integrations.
- Fill in the form to complete the connection. For this, you will need your Account Id from your Basecamp 3 account.
- That's it – all done!
Your Basecamp 3 Customer Data in Akita
- Once connected, your Akita account will begin populating with your Basecamp 3 data.
- This data will appear alongside all your other customer interactions for a 360° view.
- Segment your accounts based on data from your Basecamp 3 account, and from your other business tools.
128 Accounts Matched. Save as Segment
- Define lifecycle stages and make sure customers stay on track.
- Build Customer Success playbooks, alerts, health scores and more — all using the wealth of data gathered from your integrations.
We'd love to show you Akita in more detail and answer any questions you have about integrating Basecamp 3 with our Customer Success platform.
Fill in the form below to schedule a demo and get started with your Customer Success efforts.